The staggering growth the developed nations have seen is not because only men have put in effort but because they have given equal opportunity to women which has helped them achieve the goals in lesser time. The world economy suffers a lot because of the unequal opportunity for women at workplaces.
The world can never think of having a developed and bright tomorrow, if it is not ready to to give women their fair share. It is their prerogative, from which they were kept aloof for centuries. Today on each and every step as well in each an every scenario women are taking charge in their hands, while beautifully shaping tomorrow and building today.
One of the biggest advantage of women empowerment is that there will be an overall development of the society for which a safe and comfortable environment should be created where women can make decisions of their own for their benefits as well as for the society.
Today, women demand equality with men in matters of education, employment, inheritance, marriage, politics and recently in the field of religion also to serve as clerics of religion. Women want to have for themselves the same strategies of change which menfolk have had over the centuries such as equal pay for equal work. Their quest for equality has given birth to the formation of many women’s associations and led to the launch of movements.
From being a single parent to the launch of a missile, women are not ready to take the backseat, they are taking the driving seat. The struggle and hardships as if have become a driving force. The more the society is trying to pull them back the more they have become confident of coming out of the shackles of the male chauvinistic orthodox past. The true inspiration can be now found in any part of the country be it rural or urban, in their on way they are playing a pivotal role .
Our nation has made Indira Gandhi head of the state who was not just taking the legacy of her father, being a daughter was also popularly elected and that too at the time when our nation was in its adult stage.
From running their own business with meager resources to driving a cab, you'll find them everywhere from being an inspiration to others as well as a torchbearer, who is not just lighting up her own life but also bringing a ray of rope and sunshine in lives of those who never dared or gathered courage. They can be seen as some young entrepreneur who have managed to run a new and successful business venture.
Swati Bhargava, who is the CEO & co founder of CashKaro, an Indian Cashback site.
Suchi Mukherjee, founder of "Limeroad" a portal for women to style, share & shop fashion and lifestyle products .
On the occasion of international womens day 2017, 33 womens were shortlisted by the Women and child development ministry under the tiltle as the "unsung sheros" were awarded "Nari Shakti Puraskaar" by honerable President Pranab Mukerjee. Among the awardees is the state of Rajasthan for its much talked about campaign "beti bachao, beti padhao" which spreads awareness for saving girl child & educating them hence improving female sex ratio as well as literacy rate. The ministry also awarded Subha Varier, B Codanayaguy & Anatta Sonney, women scientists who have contributed to the successful launching and placement of 104 satellites in the orbit by ISRO on Feb' 15, 2017. Another motivation can be found in Mumtaz Kazi, the first Asian women to drive a diesel train at the age of 20 in 1991.
Women of India have made Indians proud of their achievements & proved their mettle. In Rio Olympics 2016, P.V. Sindhu won silver medal which was first ever for an Indian in badminton. Sakshi Mallik, a free style Wrestler won bronze in the same.
How a Change Can Be Brought
Women empowerment means emancipation of women from the vicious grips of social, economical, political, caste and gender-based discrimination. It means granting women the freedom to make life choices. Women empowerment does not mean ‘deifying women’ rather it means replacing patriarchy with parity. With the right tools provided the gap can filled.
1) A woman as an individual is a being with senses, imagination and thoughts; she should be able to express them freely. she should be empowered to have the self-confidence to articulate and assert the power to negotiate and decide.
2) A social environment should be created which is supportive of gender equality where women and men enjoy the same opportunities, outcomes, rights and obligations in all spheres of life. A society which is not there to decide what manner of job should be done by whom.
3) Women should be empowered with quality education which would provide them knowledge, skills and rational thinking to build self-confidence necessary to participate in the development process which makes women aware of their rights and developing a confidence to claim them.
4) An Economically independent women can lead to a better quality of material life through sustainable livelihoods owned and managed by her. Hence reducing their financial dependence on their male counterparts by making them a significant part of the human resource.
5) the participation of women should be encouraged in political system so they can also play a major role in decision making and governance .
It all begins at home be it charity or an initiative instead of criticizing your wife, daughter, sister, colleague...support them because river finds its way whether the mountains are ready to give or not. We are not in competition with the others, but we are there to set our own milestones.